Meet Your Host
I’m Melanie and I’ll be your host. Not only do I have 32 years of experience in the health and fitness industry, I hold numerous certifications and have been a part of implementing healthy lifestyle and nutrition programs individually and with many gyms.
Women’s Health Retreats by Melfit focuses on creating a new outlook on aging, fitness and nutrition for women after 40.
Background & Training
- 32 years experience in health and wellness through group fitness and personal training
- Trained and designed fitness programs with Gold’s Gym, Australian Body Works, Jean’s Body Tech, Extreme Fitness Club, Court South, YMCA’s and other facilities all over Texas, Tennessee, Georgia and Florida
- Contributing Editor for “Hot N Healthy” news articles for 7+ years
- Designed personal bootcamp and agility training for youth
- Guest appearances on ESPN health podcast
- Guest appearances on WTOC live series
- Past contractor for Fort Stewart Bootcamp PT
- Associate affiliate launching Les Mills Program in Tampa, Florida
- Designed Health and Wellness programs for corporate companies
- Created “Huge Loser” weight loss program for YMCA from 2007-2009 (successfully guided over 100 participants through physical transformations and healthy lifestyle changes)
- Certifications Held; AFAA, ACE, NETA, IFTA, Johnny G Spin, Les Mills, Fit Tour
Working with Melanie has been a breath of fresh air and an absolute delight! She is an amazing trainer who has pushed me while making working out enjoyable and something I look forward to. She has identified my needs and helped me create a program I could continue at home. Implementing a rigorous routine along with our superfoods nutrition cleansing program has helped me to not only see results but to feel my best. She makes sure my program meets my needs and evolves with me for fitness and nutrition. She is professional and super knowledgeable in her trade. If you are looking for an amazing trainer and person, look no more, Melanie is the person you have been looking for!
I started working with Melanie at a time when I was so down and didn’t like looking in the mirror. I made up my mind I was ready to get in shape and shed some weight. I started personal training with Melanie 2-3 days a week and continued to work out on my own and eat a healthy diet.. I can’t tell you how grateful I am that I met her. She not only helped me shed the weight, she helped me with my confidence and feeling the best I had ever felt. All the hard work, sweat, tears and laughter, it truly paid off. Thanks to Melanie I am still living a healthy lifestyle and feel better than I ever have.